Thursday, February 7, 2013

Nicky's Playlist


Free Will: 
This Head I Hold by Electric Guest
Explores the idea of free will or perhaps the illusion of free will!

Tidal Wave by Husky:
(War)
Powerful song for a powerful theme (war and the destruction of war). 

The Plank by The Devil Makes Three
(Three Musketeers)
Both the band name and the lyrics reminded me of the three musketeers in the novel) They're tough and take no prisoners just like the people in this song.

Bob Marley, Send It To Outer Space
Pretty self explanatory, interesting song that discusses aliens. 

Year 3000 by Jonas Brothers
Time Travel!!

This Time Tomorrow, The Kinks
Time Travel 
http://www.lyricstime.com/kinks-this-time-tomorrow-lyrics.html

Marathon Runner, Yellow Ostrich
Scene where Billy is trudging through the snow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvqWXYSoizw
http://www.metrolyrics.com/marathon-runner-lyrics-yellow-ostrich.html

3 comments:

  1. Nicky, I have to say that year 3000 was the best song on your playlist. It was the best addition, I can't believe I didn't think of it! Nice job though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your playlist really speaks to the type of music that you enjoy hearing. I really like the featured song, and as for the rest of them, it really interested me how for some you chose to pick up specific scenes and occurrences rather than over-arching themes, and for the others vice-versa. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I chose this playlist to comment on because I knew most of the bands and the songs were up my alley, genre-wise. I really thought that the songs depicted the scenes in the move and book perfectly. The Bob Marley song gives a nice contrast between the type of music that it is and the morbid attitude that Slaughterhouse-Five gives off. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete