Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Rolling On The Floor Laughing



While there are obviously many definitions for humor, comedy, dark humor, funny, it all boils down to the individual. Comedy is subjective at the very basis. What one finds funny could be offensive or insulting to others. It comes back to someones frame of reference and how they interpret something and whether or not it triggers something in the mind that stimulates certain emotions.

I find the above comic very funny. There is a funny series of these types of comic that I enjoy (Cyanide & Happines).

Also, here is a video of these people just being funny.... kinda short and not their best, but its short enough for class... so is Rob's... if it's cool and all...






2 comments:

  1. I found these things very funny because it's generally my own type of humor. And I feel as if the question should not be why people find it funny, rather why people DON'T find it funny? Is it just a problem because of one's own personal qualms or is it just because of societal norms that people feel it necessary to uphold? Rather, does it make the people who DO find it funny wrong? Cuz if i'm wrong... maybe I don't wanna be right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a pretty wide range of tolerance as far as what's funny and what's "too far", but this video is pushing it for me. As long as I stay in the frame of mind that this is a cartoon and meant to entertain, I can accept it for what it is... a joke. But overall, I can't stop thinking of an actual baby, and that kills the joke for me.

    ReplyDelete